Mel Trotter Ministries Glove Drive
May Group Realtors of Re/Max Grand Rapids is hosting a glove drive all month of March. There is a large need for gloves right now, even though we are approaching warmer months. Mel Trotter Ministries was specific on what is needed and we wanted to help out in the best way possible. We have made it very easy to donate with an Amazon Wish List. Click the link to order gloves and they will come directly to our office https://www.amazon.com/
Mel Trotter Ministries is and has been a very prominent figure in Grand Rapids for years. It started in 1900 by Melvin Trotter who was homelss and an alcoholic, found refuge and support to get off the streets and got sober. With the help he received, he wanted to give back and help whoever he could.
Quick facts and information on Mel Trotter Ministries:
- Has a men’s and women’s shelter (separate) that provide meals, emergency clothing, toiletries, safe shelter, showers, etc
- Pathway Home Family Shelter Program: emergency and rehousing program. Designated for single adults with children and intact families.
- Youth Emergency Shelter (Y.E.S.)
- R&R Space: designated shelter for individuals who identify as transgender.
- Woman’s community meals and Men’s community meals provide breakfast and dinner at designated times.
- Job Readiness (works of soft job skills)
- Housing Readiness (helps individuals who are working or attending school to find adequate housing by saving and budgeting)
- Step-Up Recovery (90 day minimum program with intensive use management and recovery)
- Pilgrimage (provide the tools needed for success in finding housing who receive social security Income and Social Security Disability)
- Dental clinic
- Community Partners Medical Clinic
- Vision Clinic
- Chiropractic Clinic
Mel Trotter Ministries have helped the Grand Rapids area for the homeless for years. If you feel the need to donate, we'd greatly appreciate it and we know Mel Trotter would also. Helping out and being involved in the community is something May Group Realtors is very passionate about. Hosting a glove drive is the least we can do. Get involved and let's help out a local non profit organization!