Let the sunshine & showers wash away all of your winter blues, the spring real estate market is quickly approaching! For sellers & buyers alike, the buzz of the spring market is sure to offer plenty of opportunity. As the time nears, here are a few tips on how to prepare to sell your home in the spring market.
Clean & Organize
- First impressions are important. Make sure potential buyers are walking into a spotless home.
- Vacuum and/or mop your floors, wipe your windows, dust off your surfaces, and wipe the mirrors and any household appliances.
- Prioritize heavily trafficked areas like the entryway, living room, kitchen, and master bedroom and bathroom.
- Clear your surfaces of big items that may distract visitors from the key home features
- Stow away the belongings on your countertop
Low Cost Renovations
- Consider making low cost investments to make the home more aesthetically pleasing
- Paint where touch ups are needed, and repaint rooms with neutral colors
- Refinish the cabinets with a neutral color & texture
- Install cost effective and attractive fixtures like light fixtures, knobs, door handles, etc.
Decorate & Stage
- Arrange your furniture to create an open, welcoming space
- Depersonalize your decor, replace family photos with neutral photos
- It’s spring! Brighten up the room with natural like & pots of fresh flowers
Landscaping & Gardening
- Freshen up your homes curb appeal with a lush, green lawn
- Add some new mulch to your front & side yards
- Grow or pot some fresh spring flowers
- Clear out your gutters for the aesthetic appeal & to ensure proper rainfall through the Spring.
We know home ownership is different for everyone, let us give you personalized guidance on how to navigate the spring market successfully. Wishing you well in the market this spring!