Established in 1833, Grandville is one of the oldest suburbs of Grand Rapids located just 8 miles southwest of the city. It is a wonderful small town, with a population of approximately 15,000 at the time of the 2010 census. If you or your family is considering a life on the west side of the state, I’ve provided a list of just a few reasons why Grandville is the place for you.
- Grandville has numerous parks that are great for camping, hiking, playing sand volleyball, tennis, disc golf, or simply enjoying a family picnic.
- Grandville community schools were scored on average 8 out of 10 according to GreatSchools which rates schools based on standardized test scores.
- Grandville provides a small town feel, while being just a short commute away from the amenities that downtown Grand Rapids has to offer.
- You’re destine to find an activity that is right for you whether it’s joining Sunnybrook Country Club, Premier Athletic & Tennis Club, relaxing your mind at Peacelab Yoga, or joining the excitement at TC Paintball.
- Do your shopping at Rivertown Crossings, Grand Rapids largest shopping mall which includes a Celebration! Cinema movie theater.
- Grandville has numerous community wide events throughout the year including a Farmers Market, Tree Lighting and Christmas Parade, Fall Fest, 4th of July Celebration, and many more.
- According to city-data.com the Median cost of living is a low $157,965
- Located only 25 miles from Lake Michigan, living in Grandville is an easy drive to our state’s beautiful beaches.
- The Grand Rapids area is home to over 10 colleges and universities offering a wide variety programs.
- Grandville Senior Neighbors Center offers opportunities for its older citizens to enjoys social and recreation activities such as holiday parties, exercise/dance classes, educational/art programs, and more.
To learn more bout the city of Grandville visit the following websites: